As an Outside Sales Professional, you will work closely with customers and their regional sales team to grow and promote the sale of products and services offered by our company. Outside Sales Professional is the first line of contact with all new customers and along with their Technical Sales Team, the Outside Sales Professional will establish and maintain long-term business relationships with new and current customer base. The Outside Sales Professional will work regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as Marketing, Purchasing, Production and Quality Assurance, as well as Senior Management and Leadership representatives.
1. Close and grow sales through professional communication with potential clients in our marketplace
2. Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs.
3. Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions
4. Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future
5. Coordinates company staff to provide exemplary service to customers
6. Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively
7. Work with the engineering team to ensure customer project requirements are met
8. Maintaining records of customer communications and contact information as required within CRM
9. Making technical presentations to Decision Makers and Prospective Buyers
10. Preparing responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information)
11. Attending and participating in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
12. Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance; communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed
13. Researches market requirements and market data
14. Maintain knowledge of competitor products and identify and report intelligence on competitor pricing or marketing strategies
15. Demonstrate and explain best practices in installation techniques for all company products
16. Submit a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
17. Submit prospective customer engagement plans; schedule client meetings and action plans for follow-up
18. Is chiefly responsible for setting the customer’s expectations, for any sold product and service
1. Three (3) to Five (5) years of proven Sales Experience, in actively closing Net-New Business Prospects
2. Technology sales and/or HaaS, SaaS experience a plus.
3. Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
4. Previous experience with delivering Presentations to Potential Clients
5. Valid Driver‘s License
6. Microsoft Office proficiency required, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
7. CRM Experience (ConnectWise, Autotask, TigerPaw)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. Perceived capacity to exude Personal Credibility and Professional Integrity
2. Positive attitude, towards people and problems
3. Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
4. Explicitly proficient communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills
5. Above-par working capacity, to work in small and large projects with great attention to detail.
6. Work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude.
7. Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, staff, vendors and clients.
8. Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, balanced business judgment, tact and diplomacy.
9. Excellent problem-solving skills, in both mundane and highly-sensitive, albeit complex situations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees within this class.
Due to the nature of this position, in working as closely with multiple departments and their core business unit, this position is unable to be performed by a Remote Employee. As there is no concession available for a Remote Employee, no requests made to convert this position to Remote Employeeship will be considered.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.