This Field Service Technician (I) position is responsible for maintaining high-quality white-glove IT services and support for our Clients/Customers, while on-site at their operation’s location. Our goal is to deliver excellent technical and non-technical support with outstanding customer service and timeliness. This position is part of the Network Operations Center team so candidates must be passionate about technology, highly skilled at providing amazing customer service, and have the ability to thrive in high-demand and diverse working environments, working among clients/customers employees.
1. Responds to in-field inquiries and requests for assistance with the Client’s network, business and personal computer systems.
2. Identify problems, troubleshoot and implement resolutions to assist users while in-field and on-site.
3. Build out, install and configure network setups while on-site at customer/client worksite locations.
4. Assist with the delivery and setup of firewalls, switches and peripheral computer equipment. Monitor initial setup, ensuring installation is correct and without obstruction in working continuity.
5. Assesses network performance, as assigned by the Service Coordinator. Recommend and implement upgrades or improvements. Resolves network problems and offers technical assistance to users.
6. Perform service pack, hot fix and security updates to servers, workstations, printers, network hardware such as routers, switches and firewalls.
7. Utilize our organization’s monitoring software/hardware used in the maintaining the client’s network infrastructure. Consists of applications, Lab Tech, ConnectWise, custom applications created locally.
8. Configure and implement complex hardware/network solutions to meet the client’s organizational needs. Consists of but not limited to: Exchange Email, Mobile computing architecture, all Windows operating systems, Sophos Firewalls, ISP architecture, Wireless Internet access, etc.
9. Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software, in booking time on service tickets for client service requests.
10. Attend and participate in daily morning meetings, and keep an open line of communication with Service Coordinator during work hours.
11. Track and monitor inventory of tools as provided by the Company for use in this position.
1. CompTia A+ Certification, Project+, Network+ (Active and Current)
2. Above Basic Comprehension of Network Setups and Configurations
3. At least 2 – 3 years of experience working in IT Service Team/MSP NOC Team Environment
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
5. CRM Experience (ConnectWise, Autotask, TigerPaw)
6. Pathway to Higher Credential or Certification, within 2 years. (i.e. MCITP, MCP, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP)
7. Historically Clean Motor Vehicle Driving Record, and the ability to maintain a Clean Driving Record
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. Perceived capacity to exude Personal Credibility and Professional Integrity
2. Positive attitude, towards people and problems
3. Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
4. Explicitly proficient communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills
5. Above-par working capacity, to work in small and large projects with great attention to detail.
6. Work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude.
7. Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, staff, vendors and clients.
8. Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, balanced business judgment, tact and diplomacy.
9. Excellent problem-solving skills, in both mundane and highly-sensitive, albeit complex situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT EXPECTATIONS:
Work in this environment is considered medium physical work requiring the exertion of up to forty (40) pounds of force
occasionally and up to twenty (20) pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Must be able to:
1. Walk, lift, reach, stoop, sit, squat, bend, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch and type for extended periods of
time up to 10 hours.
2. Prepare, read, comprehend and analyze a variety of complex forms, reports, spreadsheets, maps, plans, records,
documentation and correspondence in all languages required by the job.
3. Speak to individuals or groups of people with poise, voice control, confidence and professional integrity.
4. Respond adequately to inquiries or complaints.
5. Write using standard convention in all languages required by the job.
6. Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid
7. Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form.
8. Communicate effectively and efficiently in all languages required by the job using whatever communication device or
system is required (telephone, et.al.)
9. Use/interpret job related terminology, mathematical formulas and functions effectively and efficiently.
10. Deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions maintaining effective working relationships.
11. Perform under stress, deal with persons acting under stress and adapt when confronted with emergency situations.
12. Be sensitive to cultural differences among individuals and groups of persons.
13. Safely operate a motor vehicle.
14. Operate/use a variety of job specific office machines and other office equipment.
15. Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced, highly technical environment.
16. Successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting and administrative responsibilities of this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned
to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills
required of all employees within this class.
Due to the nature of this position, in working as closely with multiple departments and their core business unit, this position
is unable to be performed by a Remote Employee. As there is no concession available for a Remote Employee, no requests
made to convert this position to Remote Employeeship will be considered.